Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about touring historic West Point? We've got answers! Or, contact us for more information.
West Point is an active military post and requires the following from our visitors.
- Everyone over the age of 17 years old is required to bring government issued photo ID. Examples: Drivers license or passport. Students between 17-18 years of age may bring high school photo ID. Orignial documents only, NO PHOTO COPIES.
- Foreign visitors of ALL ages must have their passports. Orignial documents only, NO PHOTO COPIES.
- For Group tours reserved wtih West Point Tours, each group must send in a manifest sheet completed with the names, dates of birth, gender, and type of ID being used. Click here to download form.
- For the latest rules regarding visitor access to West Point, click http://www.usma.edu/Visiting/SitePages/Home.aspx.
West Point is an active army post, and tour times and access to venues within West Point are subject to change without notice.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: The West Point Visitors Center is undergoing a major renovation that is having a significant impact on Visitors Center parking. Tours will continue to run during the construction but available visitor parking is greatly reduced. Alternative parking is available in a municipal lot across the street from the Sherman tank at the front entrance to the Visitors Center parking lot. There is also metered parking available across the street from the Visitors Center. Prepaid ticket holders should allow extra time to check in. Please contact our office at 845.446.4724 for more information.
WHERE TO CHECK-IN
Tours of the United States Military Academy at West Point depart from the Visitors Center located in the town of Highland Falls 1 block before the Thayer Gate which is the main entrance to the Academy. Tours are combined bus and walking tours with a guide that operate daily with the following exceptions listed below
WHEN DO TOURS OPERATE
West Point is an active army post and as such tour times and access to venues within West Point is subject to change without notice. Typically tours run daily, except for:
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day
During Graduation Week: May 23, 26, & 27, 2017
Saturdays of Army home football games
The discretion of Garrison Command
Tour times can change without notice. Chapels, cemetery and any other venues may be closed without notice due to prior commitments.
DO YOU HAVE RESTROOMS ON BOARD YOUR DAILY TOUR BUSES
OR DURING THE TOUR?
Our Daily Tour buses do not have restrooms and there are no rest stops during the tour.
PHOTOGRAPY & VIDEO CAPTURING
Photography is allowed in most areas on our tour venues. Your Tour Guide will alert you to portions of the tour where photography and video are not permitted
WHAT BUILDINGS DO WE ENTER?
Tours may enter the Cadet Chapel and the Old Cadet Chapel located at the West Point Cemetery. All other buildings are not open to the general public
WHAT IS YOUR DEPOSIT POLICY FOR GROUP AND PRIVATE TOURS?
- All step on guide reservations require a $30 deposit.
- All combinations of a guide and bus reservation require either the $100 or $200 deposit dependent upon the bus reserved.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY FOR A CHARTER BUS RENTAL
FOR A TOUR?
- If cancellation is 7-20 days prior to the trip the deposit per bus would be lost.
- If cancellation is 2-6 days prior to the trip 50% of the cost of the bus would be lost.
- If cancellation is within 24 hours of the trip the entire cost of the bus would be lost.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY FOR A GROUP AND PRIVATE TOUR
STEP ON GUIDE BOOKED VIA YOUR OFFICE?
- If cancellation is made a minimum of 72 hours prior to the trip you receive a full refund.
- If cancellation is made within 24-72 hours prior to the trip a full refund, minus the deposit.
- If cancellation is made less than 24 hours of the tour the full cost of the reservation is non-refundable
WHAT ABOUT VISITORS WITH DISABILITIES?
West Point Tours strives to accommodate all of guests. If you plan to take one of our daily tours, please contact our office a minimum of 48 hours in advance of your requested tour date and prior to purchasing tickets online. Read more about our ADA information here.
WHERE MAY I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT CADET PARADES
AND OTHER USMA INFORMATION?
Visit the official website of The United States Military Academy.